Documents needed to become a member
Expand your academic horizons
Use our honors program, Honors in Action, and your research and leadership skills to engage in problem-solving and make a difference through service.
Develop “soft” skills
Learn about effective written and oral communications, leadership skills, critical thinking, time management and teamwork through Five Star Competitive Edge professional development plan.
Keep you on track to complete college
We’re committed to increasing credentialing rates. See how we can help with scholarship information and our transfer planning platform, CollegeFish.org.
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society
Membership empowers you with a competitive edge
- $37 million in scholarships for members only
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- FREE access to Five Star Competitive Edge, a personal and professional development plan for building marketable skills and an online portfolio
- FREE access to our Career Resource Center
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa’s anthology, Nota Bene
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapt
- to become part of a network of over 2.5 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,270 campuses worldwide
- Increased pay grade for entry level federal jobs
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners
To be eligible for membership:
- You must be enrolled in a regionally accredited institution offering an associate degree program.
- You must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible*).
- You must generally have a grade point average of 3.25**.
- You must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled.
- You must adhere to the moral standards of the society***.